Since High School I can remember feeling a call into Ministry. When I first received the call I thought God was crazy and I said there was no way I would ever be one of those weird missionary people who wears their socks with sandals and belts to their waste. LOL Boy did God have a lot of work to do in me. Slowly ever so slowly God begin revealing to me greater things bigger plans he had for me. He showed me in his word what it meant to really live for him and die to my own self. With this I begin receiving verses and taking to heart what Romans 12:1-2 says about being a Living Sacrifice, and Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified to Christ I no longer live but he lives in me."
When Lance and I met that was the driving force behind our relationship. Our deep and passionate desire to serve the Lord no matter what the cost no matter where he might call us. We wanted and still want to surrender all to him and let him use us for his Ultimate Glory. That's where the two roads come in. One Road would be to go to Truitt Seminary where Lance would pursue a degree in missionology. We would live in Waco, TX the beautiful Hill Country. The other road would be somewhere out of the states, in which we would be involved in foreign missions.


One road is quite a bit more comfortable than the other... One seems a lot safer but when we stop and examine the lives of followers and believers in the New Testament time when did you ever see the word safe used to describe the call of the disciples of Jesus. JC has never called us to be safe and comfortable. He calls us to follow him to hold nothing back, sacrifice everything we hold dear, and to lay it all down at his feet. Just as the Psalms says, " I surrender all, I surrender all; all to Jesus my blessed savior I surrender all." That's exactly what we want our lives to reflect to be. A Living Sacrifice..... I love reading the New Testament and especially Paul's writings because I see this lifestyle portrayed in him. He held nothing back from Jesus because he realized that nothing he had on his own was really worth keeping, not when compared to the Glory of the KING. PTL... I pray my life could bring Jesus just a small fraction of the praise that Paul's life brought to him.
1 comment:
So this is what he looked liked when he hurt his knee! Poor baby.. hey come and check me out I have a blog too!!
Mom
Post a Comment