
We were pulling into the drive from Red River just stopped at the post office and got the mail. Lance had previously bought tickets to the A&M Baylor Men's Basketball game floor seats on the third row. ( It's okay you can ewww and aww. He did! ;). He hands them to me and I look at them wow this is cool and think to myself how am I going to keep up with these things for a full month.
Anyways we get out of the car I tuck the tickets under my arm and start unloading everything from our weekend trip. Well a week past and Lance asks me where are the tickets to the game? I think we'll I guess they're in your car I haven't seen them. We go look no such luck they're not in the car. And even worse they're not in the house, and no where to be found. Wednesday night we stay up until 1 in the morning looking for these tickets. The whole time I'm thinking I've been off work for two days and have cleaned this entire house up and down, I know I would have ran across them had they been in the house. Meanwhile also thinking how many times have I seen my parents have this exact same argument mom carelessly throws something away not meaning to or even realizing and in the end turns out to be something very important.
I was heartbroken needless to say so was Lance. I felt terrible and it was never that I meant to throw them away but somehow while we were bringing in all the things from Red River I had lost the tickets, dropped them, or threw them away in the dumpster when I was taking out the trash. Devastated I begin to wonder if this would be our marriage's breaking point so soon.... I thought I tried so hard and now I've ruined us. Well I finally fell asleep around 1:00 or so still desperately praying God would somehow miraculously return the tickets to us even if I had thrown them away. He's God He is able! Lance still couldn't sleep I would hear the front door open and close as he tried one last attempt to find them somewhere in his car. Finally after I had fallen asleep my husband came and crawled into bed, me still being scared he won't love me reaches out my hand slowly to find him reaching out to grab me as well. he wraps me up in his arms gives me a kiss on my forehead and says, "Don't worry about it, it's okay, we'll still have a great trip, it's over. Don't apologize anymore." WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! This is the man I married the one I get to spend the rest of my life with THANK YOU LORD! For he defiantly matched us up right..... Cause although I would love to say this will never happen again the Lord knows me well enough to know that I do do these silly stupid things far too often. BUT PRAISE GOD For the Love he shows us. And even though I still felt terrible and was devastated I knew that my husband loves and forgives me.
It made me wonder is that what heaven is going to be like as well. On the day of Judgement when he's revealed all of our sins to us and we know we've hurt him broken his laws still he'll say I love you it's over with you are forgiven. OH PRAISE GOD!!! He is so beautiful and so good.
Now to end the story. The next day I'm still torn over it and still praying Romans 8:28 God you work all things out for the GOOD of those who love you. And Eph when it says, "To him who is able to do Immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine." Lord, please do that.
AND HE DID....... Lance called the ticket office where he had originally bought the tickets told them the sad sob story and Just like MAGIC she told him well one who ever sold you the tickets was an idiot because those same tickets could be sold for $400 dollars more now than they were sold to you, and second..... "you're lucky because the seats you bought were season ticket holders and we will be able to do will call on those same tickets for you." PRAISEEEEEEEE GOD!!!!!!
So as I said in the beginning my God loves me way more than anybody else in the world......
But in that same sentence I pray you get to say the Same thing God to you.
2 comments:
great story!! glad you have joined the blogging world!!! i look forward to reading your posts!!!!
Praise the Lord, He is soooooooooo good, and I prayed for that situation the same as I did for KJ passing her permit test today - God, I know what I'm asking is "material", but Your will be done, and help me to understand what YOur will is, dear Father God! MOM
Post a Comment