background

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Whirlwind....

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by. Lance and I will be moving down to Waco in exactly 14 days.... HOLY COW! I was in Waco on Tuesday and was able to go to the hospital and see what will soon by my new home. I will be working in Critical Care and ICU... which is new to me much more intense than what I have been doing. I'm honestly a little nervous about it. But I've always left my job status up to the Lord and he has always placed me where he wants me. I can't help but be certain that this is the Lord's will for me as well considering I didn't even put in an application to PROVIDENCE I placed my resume and application on their rival hospital website HILLCREST. However, providence got my resume and called me up to do a phone interview offered me the job just after talking for a few minutes. As I said God always takes care of me and places me in the hospital the job that he wants me to have. I just need to trust him and believe that He'll take care of me. I get nervous though thinking about leaving BSA and all the great friends I've made here. I love love my coworkers I love oncology and neurology, my patients. I like being somewhat experienced even if it is only a year of experience I don't like the thought of having to start completely over. Starting over with new doctors, new coworkers, a new hospital, new town. I don't really have a problem with making friends I just like the comfort I feel now... But I also realize that when you never leave your comfort zone you never experience anything NEW either.... I don't ever want to get so comfortable that I stop relying on God and trusting that He will bring about my very BEST.

3 comments:

Chris McClure aka Panhandle Poet said...

"Getting out of your box" is never a problem if you are following God's will. I know that you will be a blessing to both the patients and your fellow workers at your new "temporary" assignment. (It's all temporary in the face of eternity.) I'm anxious for Africa....

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Wow...I can't believe you're moving in 14 days. I guess we may not get together before you leave. I'm excited for y'all, though.

lindsey said...

So excited for you guys. Wish you nothing but the very best for your future. I know you will go far & do great things. You are destin to...My sister-in-law & future brother-in-law live down there, so if you ever need anything, let me know & I will get you in contact. We will call/text you when we get to Waco in a couple of months & you can come see the baby. I can't believe it's only 15 more weeks away. Love you & again, good luck, we wish you the very very best! XOXO