background

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dabbling in the things of this World.

This Evening Lance and I had the great privilege of going out on a date by ourselves thanks to my lovely friend, Erica who was willing to graciously watch Jeffrey.
The New Harry Potter Movie came out and both of us wanted to see it.
Lance has read through all of the books and I have read up to Book 4, but have seen all the previous movies.
It wasn't until we were in the theater when many things began to come to me about Harry Potter.
So many times we try to justify things. I know I've justified H.P. and reading the books by doing a comparison of Jesus to Harry. We want to bring Jesus into everything.... Like saying Harry Potter is about Light and darkness and you can do a parallel of it. However there are just some things that I truly BELIEVE that JESUS does not want to have any PART OF. He doesn't want us to drag him into it. I learned tonight that Harry Potter is one of those things.
I realized a few things tonight as I was watching that movie. It first started with that intense feeling in my stomach which I call it my "discernment knot" It always comes to me when something is just not right....
Then Ephesian 5:11-12 came into my head. "Have nothing to do with the deeds produced by darkness instead expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of the things these people do in secret."

I had heard many times before that in the book they use real enchantments and spells. I read tonight that most of the names in the book are the names of real demons.

In Deuteronomy 18 The Father warns us when we enter the Land of the Goheim (Gentiles) that we are not to follow any of the abominable practices of those nations. Those who make their sons or daughters pass through the fire, a diviner, soothsayer, enchanter, sorcerer spell caster consulter of ghosts or spirits. For those who practice these things (have a part of these things) are detestable to the Father they are abominations before him. The Lord calls us up out of these things and asks for us to be wholly fully devoted to him.

I do not desire for there to be any darkness in me. I don't want to have any part of anything that is detestable to my father or hurts him. My prayer has been for the last several weeks that YHWH would open my eyes to anything in my life that has pagan origins anything in my life that is not completely Glorifying to him so that I might get rid of it.
There's been alot of things I've had to throw out. Even just decorative things which I just don't want to be apart of my life anymore. It's scary how many PAGAN things are in my house much less the world we live in everyday. We are surrounded in Babylonian Culture, but the scariest part is we have NO IDEA.

I gotta say it really hasn't been as difficult as I thought it might be. It's quite freeing to rid yourself of false pagan things. I'm so grateful for a husband who supports me and walks beside me in these things and as I learned tonight is often feeling the same thing/(s) I'm feeling at the same time. Praise YHWH for that. It's such a blessing to be equally yoked to a man who Loves the Father and seeks to be more like his son.

1 comment:

KEVA said...

Good stuff, keri. thanks for sharing.