
This past weekend we traveled to Waco, TX to look around Baylor University and see if this is where God is possibly calling us for the next few years. After seeing the campus watching a RUBGY Game!!! going to the Baylor Vs. A&M, loving the location of WACO, loving the hospitals up there..... Loving everything about it. Yea... it was good we loved it. ;) We got to tour the campus, sit in on a seminary class which was incredibly awesome and a new challenge to my thoughts. "What does inspired word of God mean?" Think on that one....

We got to meet with some good friends from WT who attend Truett Seminary now. They are actually the people who got Lance thinking he would prefer doing a dual Master in Divinity at Truett and then sociology at Baylor. It'll take 4 years to complete but Lance will get to graduate with TWO MASTERS and he will be a licensed professional social worker. As I said we loved everything about it. The crazy thing about Waco is although Baylor university has MAJOR money just two blocks away from the campus and all around town WACO has the 15th highest poverty level in the nation.
Which I guess for me the cool thing about this is just lately God has been pressing into my heart a need to do more for the poor. To really love them give of my own resources and to stop being so selfish. It is so easy to get lost in my own world and forget the world around me that is hurting. I don't ever want to get so comfortable that I forget those who are hurting outside my own bubble.
And did we mention that WACO has and is in the process of building a brand new hospital in Waco which will be opening..... Summer of 2009. PERFECT... ;)
2 comments:
I know I have said it before, but I am SO proud of you 2!!! This is amazing. I will miss your sweet face, but I cannot wait to see what God does with you through this experience. It sounds like the perfect place for you. FUN!!!!
Waco seems to be a happening place. :o) And this song is my wedding song! (Whenever I get married :o)) haha. ummm yeah. Hope you are doing well! :o) Just wanted to say hiiii.
Post a Comment