Today I recieved an email from GONow Missions. This was the team in which I was suppose to go to Africa with two summers ago. However, as most of you know I had a car wreck with disabled me from goingI had raised $3,365 dollars for this trip and after the wreck and not being able to go I just figured that this money would be completely lost. Well that it would go towards someone else's expenses and that I would never see it again. I was so devastated. Africa has always been a dream of mine, but I truly believe and know that God had bigger plans and allowed the car wreck to happen in order to bring better things in my life and break me of some things I was holding on to, a little too tight.
The Lord was looking out for me and even looking towards the future. He knew what was best, and He knew that there would be other opportunities to go back to Africa. IIt just so happens he has opened another door for not only me, but also MY HUSBAND, Lance to travel to Niger, AFrica. We will be visiting my friend and old Roommate Kanesa Snow. Who has lived over there the past 4 years and has seen more spiritual warfare, poverty, and just flat out crazy things than most will see in a lifetime. And Thanks to GONOW and GOD I'll be able to use the money I raised 2 summers ago. They weren't able to fund the full amount after paying fees and airline tickets but I will be recieving $2981 for this trip which should cover the full cost. Of course Now We are working on Lance's part. And it just so happens that Lance's youngest sister Lexie and MRS Gay will be joining us as well. I cannot hardly wait to get there. I love Africa, I love the people, the culture, the simplicity of life over there. I can't wait to get back over there.
5 comments:
Keri, I am excited for y'all. I know how long your heart has been longing to do this and the fact that God is allowing you to go over there with Lance is just too cool. I will be praying for you guys!
Oh My Gosh! How exciting! I am so pumped up. If there is anything we can do to help you raise the funds or get stuff ready, let us know! I am just elated for you, as I know it is something so very dear to you. Congrats! Love you both! :)
Hold on tight and enjoy the ride- eh! Love ya girl!!!!
I'm sure Kanesa can hardly wait for you to get there---you will be a cup of cold water for her!
I hope that my comments at Keith's house were not out of line. It is clear to me that God's hand is upon you. He has special plans for you.
Post a Comment