So the move to Waco has been full of emotions ALL SORTS OF EMOTIONS.
First day I came to see our new apartment, Friday, I was welcomed in by a huge YELLOW stain on our carpet floor. I was told we were suppose to get new carpet. Upset on the verge of tears I went up to talk to the managers and she praise God stated they would lay new carpet.
On Saturday, Lance and his family along with the the rest of our stuff came in. We had several friends along with our new Truett Family come to help us move in.
We got everything set up pretty quickly and now I can truly say that this place does feel like HOME ;) We have a beautiful view our our three large living rooms, TREES EVERYWHERE LOTS of them... that's something New for sure.
We also gained a new family member.... PJ. Our new beautiful addition is a westhighland Terrior aka 'westie' He was actually Gay's but she is allowing us to keep him. He is so precious and beginning to adjust to his new home nicely. He didn't like it when Gay and Jeff left the first day. In fact he growled and snapped at me intially which actually caused me to start bawling right there on the spot. ;-( He is much better now, coming to me, sitting in my lap, He loves me. ;-) Of course begging bacon strips has helped me a little bit with this as well.
Work is going to be good at least I think so. I miss my oncology patients like crazy and my coworkers. right now with the internship I feel like I am back in Nursing school lots of tests and orientation lasts for 2 weeks having to relearn everything new system, new doctors, new coworkers.... It's bitter sweet I think once I get use to this and ICU I will love it but it's mighty hard right now.
Lance started his job at Waco Community Development. He has been clearing lots, mowing, and working Very hard out in the sun. The place he is working for is much like Habitat for Humanity going into impoverish communities and rebuilding, old houses making them nicer and more affordable for families in that community. Looking at some of the houses they have rebuild is quite impressive!!
Here's some shots of the new pad.
Okay so this is amazing. We had this entertainment center at our old apartment well when we get to our new place there is a giant hole in the wall but nothing we can do with it. It doesn't have any plug in as if for an entertainment center it's just there... up above us they have a fire place....we get a hole. Well we wanted to see if we could placed the entertainment center in the hole but it was 1 inch too long and 2 inches to tall so this was Lance's project yesterday he sawed off the extra pieces and now it fits perfectly in the HOLE and looks as if it was made for that. ;) AWESOME!!!
This is for extra storage in the bathroom and to help out a very blank looking wall... Looks a ton better.
The Hallway.... Full of Family photos and our wedding pictures if I ever get homesick I'll just stand and stare at this wall.
This is the wall and opening towards the kitchen... And for the kitchen you'll just have to wait till I get the dirty dishes out of the sink. ;) Save that for a later post.
And this is our latest edition and purchase from IKEA.... Our bookshelves. We assembled them all by ourselves It looks beautiful and allows us to display our beautiful books. Both Lance and I are big book lovers and this is nice to have to hold them all.
2 comments:
Looks like you guys are getting all settled in! Madison and I will be in Salado in August, so we will have to get together! We miss you guys and are thinking of you as you start this new adventure as a couple.
Looks great! You already have more on the walls than I do and we've been in our house 7 months! I can't believe YOU have a dog. He's precious, though. Glad y'all are getting settled in. Have a fabulous week! Y'all have been in my thoughts and prayers!
Post a Comment