background

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We're Expecting.....

Yes the rumors are true, we are expecting a little baby come.... January. Okay so being that we just moved my insurance doesn't exactly go in to effect just yet, and it won't until I've worked at the hospital 30 days. So July 1st.... We will know exactly how far along I am and when the due date is.
When we were first moving down here we were in a frenzy to get down here and be on insurance before we left for Africa in July. Now that I'm pregnant however, it's no longer a concern about insurance for Africa since I won't be able to go anymore but now we can't wait to get on to see and check up on this Little dude.
Lance is still planning on going to Africa come July 6-21st. After praying and asking the wisdom of many other people we decided that it'd be in the best interest of me and the baby if I stayed home. Malaria is just too big of a risk to take with such a little thing as a baby. It'll actually work out in my best interest for this internship for ICU is quite a bit more work than I was really bargaining for as well. I have online work/test modules I have to take every week which often takes 6 to 10 hours to read through and complete. It's very in depth and doesn't end till September 5th. I'm also required to work 6 weeks of the night shift.. Bombombom..... My body does not do well working nights. And I don't think the baby likes it either up till my first night everything was peachy keen with me and the kid but since I worked nights on Wednesday Evening man he/she just has not been kind to me. I've been really sick to my stomach never throwing up just never feeling quite right either. It's kinda like when you get that 24 hour Bug. My mom's remedy was always to just not feed it and let it die..... Welp that remedy does Not work so well when it's a baby growing inside you and not a "BUG" Small meals in the morning oatmeal cereal and Cambells soup the rest of the time till the nauseated feeling passes. It's real strange eating soup here too when it's 103F outside. Do what you have to though. ;)
Lance is still enjoying his work he had a large group of teenage girls volunteering with him the other day. Said he prayed all day for the baby to be a boy. ;) *LOL*
He is always wanting to apply for some kind of part time ministry job. A position came available last week as a part time youth minister and we went in on Saturday to apply. It's a tiny church probably 45 members and most of them average the age of 70. Real Sweet sweet people but as we were praying through it we felt that we just weren't the right people for that ministry. So we're still praying for something to come available just so Lance will be able to get into the church and start getting a feel for that and how churches are ran. Also please be praying for a day shift to be available which I can just step right into when the internship ends. I know there are several who would like to work days and they'll place us as the best see fit. hope all is well with everyone else now I'm going to go sleep through this day so maybe I can stay awake tonight.

Love, Keri & Lance

2 comments:

Drebaby said...

Wellllll Mrs Terrell! I am JUST SO excited for you guys! That's so crazyyyyy. :o) Hope you're doing well with all that! :o) I'll be moving to San Antonio soon sooo we should hang out, it shouldn't be too far of a drive? I don't know! :o)

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Hey hon! I will be praying for both of y'all. Have you tried any shakes or smoothies? There's a lot of people doing smoothies with veggies and fruit in them and they sound VERY healthy and might taste better in the 100+ heat! I am so excited for y'all! What a blessing!