background

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Tribute to the Women in My Life

Titus 2:4-5
"SO that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored."

Throughout my life I have always been blessed with the most amazing women. I can look back through the years and pinpoint throughout my walk of life the women who were impacting me at that time and season in my life. Whether it was a friendship, a mentor, a bible study leader; there has always been a special woman who I could turn to and depend on. This post is dedicated to all those women.

Early years:
Starting from birth My Mother has always been my number one cheerleader!
Her enthusiasm for life, her strong beliefs and morals have all molded me into the woman I am today. It's crazy how much of her I see in myself the older I get and I'm not just talking about the graying hair.

She has great faith in her Lord, strong morals & values, and she is always looking for the Good in every person never seeing the negative. She loves unconditionally every person whom she comes into contact with. She is the hardest worker I've ever met, a servant through and through, filled with more compassion than I believe even Angels know, she loves adventure and the simple things in life, and she's taught me that even in difficulties and trials that God is always faithful, always good, and He'll never let you go. She has suffered much fighting off depression but because of this suffering she has learned to love even that much greater.
One of my favorite memories of my momma comes from the summer I had my car wreck knowing I was really down and didn't want to be in the house any longer she pulls me outside in my wheelchair gets me up on the trampoline and teaches me how to fly a kite with my big toe.... She's a jewel and there is no one else like her.

My sisters must be included in here. I think you first learn how to relate to people through siblings... it's not always pretty but they're family and they have to stick it out with you... Kristen- & Kaylee-



My Sisters are always making me laugh, no matter what it is we are doing, riding 4wheelers, playing "Booger",or working outside. We haven't always been close, like most siblings we had plenty of fights over clothes, or space, or whatever it might have been. However, since moving out these things have changed and we've learned to love each other better. There is no distance that can ever separate us. They'll always be there for me in an instance as I would be for them.

Kristen- has such a special gift for telling people the thing they need to hear when they're in a tough spot. I've come to her many times for wisdom and she's always left me with sound advice. I love her giving spirit and how she'd go out of your way even for strangers. KJ-It has been great watching her grow into the beautiful woman she is becoming. I hope that somewhere along the way I've been able to give her some advice and sound wisdom that she is able to live by. She's always there to lift my spirit and make me laugh. She is a gentle person with a love just like momma's which she can see the best in everyone and doesn't judge people by their appearance.


The next woman to impact my life would have to be my best friend throughout grade school up to high school Cassi Shea Brown.
*LOL* I chose this picture of her dressed up for the 80's because this is seriously what she looked like in 5th grade with her cute perm! She Rocked it out!!
When going through the emotional up and downs of gaining friends, losing friends, fighting over silly meaningless things, it sure was nice to know I could always depend on this gal. We shared a love for the outdoors and "fine" country living. We loved to ride four wheelers through mud holes, go down to the pond, ride bikes, and we were always sharing clothes. We learned from each other how to grow in our walk with God and we shared many great adventures.

In High School a new youth minister came to town and with him he brought his wonderful wife, Tamra, who quickly became a sweet addition in my life. She would be that person I could go to when I had to get away from the stupid things of high school. She would encourage me and remind that there were so many greater things that this life had to offer than what the world was telling me.

Of course she doesn't have any pictures of herself... SO I had to steal this one off her fb page that she got tagged in. Tamra is the beautiful Blonde who's laughing!!

I also remember my granny (MARION) really coming to play in this season of my life.

Though she had always been in the picture I started really seeing her faith and her discipline in the Lord. The way she would study her bible and how she would pray and then things would happen. I can remember traveling to Dumas by myself one Sunday just to lay my head in her lap and have her pray for me. Plus, she has the most amazing gift of hospitality. You will not leave her house empty or unsatisfied. There's always a pie, or cookies, or ice cream awaiting you every time you step foot in the door. She has them stockpiled in her freezer ;) but the greatest gift she can ever give you is her love. She will make sure you know you are deeply loved.

Moving on to College there is one Woman who from the first time I met her I was drawn to her because of her AMAZING JOY, you could see it all over her face, and she wouldn't let you pass her by without first meeting you. Her name, Lisa Sullivan. She would invite me over for tea and bible study. We'd meet up for coffee and our conversation was always so rich and full. Her love for the Lord and for ministry was incredible you always left from her presence feeling lifted up and refreshed. Her family and her now live in SE Asia where they do ministry over there.

Roommates for a year... So many Good memories from not only this House but these girls. Hearts that swell for the Lord and for the Nations... These girls are sold out strong to the Lord and will follow him anywhere... Seriously China, Africa, India, You name it.
Kanesa Snow, Jenn Bailey (Lester), Brooke Hooten

My sophomore year brought me two great friends, Lana Terry and Alicia Brandon(Swink). These girls bring me so much joy and encouragement, they give me fresh insight into the Word. They're for reals and will always be cherished by me!! Very Close to my heart!

My Beautiful, Goofy, Oh so Much FUN, Friends. Lana and Lici....

Can't go any further without mentioning GWEN HICKS.... pictured here with her new sweet grandbaby, and husband.
From my first year in Canyon she adopted me in as family. She is a nurturer, wonderful adviser, counselor, cook, bible study leader, and just a blast to be around. She also helped orchestrate my wedding!! ;) If you need a wedding planner give her a call.


The next woman I want to mention was in and out of my life throughout high school and college but it wasn't until we started living together that we were really able to bond. Linsey Perkins,
she showed me God in a new light, a way I had never experienced him before. She helped me understand so much of the spiritual side of God. We led a bible study together and it was amazing the way God would knit our thoughts and discussions together to create a better and more perfect picture of who He is. She has got incredible strength which comes from within. If you looked at her you'd think she was tiny... and she is, but she's also fierce and mighty!
Within the last two years I would say my mother-in-law, Gay Terrell, has really impacted my life.

She's beautiful, one of a kind, outrageously funny and more out going than most teenagers, She's always looking to have fun, She will bend over backwards to provide every need you might have and want at that. She loves BIG in everything she does, she has great faith and will always speak and claim VICTORIES in and for your life. She has the gift of healing I truly believe and when she puts it with prayer, watch out for miracles. She's welcomed me into her family from the first day I met her and she's always loved me as one of her own. She also raised the most wonderful Man of God I know, my husband.

Coming along with this fantastic woman is two beautiful sister-in-laws..... Tori & Lexie.
Tori, Who is beautifully ambitious and when she sets her mind to something there is no changing it. Her desire and passion to grow in the Lord is very sincere, as is her relationship with him. She earnestly seeks to give him everything and although we all struggle in this at times and may even fail, she never quits and she always continually seeks his face.
Lex- Her passion and faith in the Lord is unique and special, especially for someone at her young age. She has had to face many challenges with her health and yet she has never let that affect her faith, she continuously believes that God will heal her. And in this she challenges my own faith. She has allowed these trials and hard times to grow her, not getting bitter or angry with God but seeking further understanding. AND again I say this shows great maturity.


And Most Recently is Mitzi Lindsey: Lance's Aunt who lives in Austin

If ever Lance and I have a weekend off we will often head to their house for a little get away. It's like staying at a bed and breakfast. Mitzi loves serving and making you feel right at home. She like her mother and sisters, will fix you any and every meal. We share life together and pray together. I have received so much encouragement and strength from her. She always has a verse, or a sweet little saying to brighten up your day, and remind you to keep pressing in to the Lord that He is Faithful and His promises hold true.


** This list is by no means all inclusive these are just some highlights I could go on and on with many other women who have impacted my life in great ways. Even just writing through this small list so many other names and faces and circumstances came up. I love the way women are able to minister to one another. The love we are able to show, the way we challenge each other to press on and continue in the race. It's so beautiful and I am so blessed by this. **
SO to all the women in my life I say Thank you!

No comments: