"And you will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then you will know them by their fruits." Mathew 7:16-20
And the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, against such things there is no law.
-Galations 5:22
How are you bearing fruit today? You know usually when I look at these verses and examine the fruits of the spirit, I'm always examining myself trying to pinpoint where in My life I can see such fruit. These things do not come to us just by our good measure or will. They are a gift shared with us by the Holy Spirit, by-products of Christ's presence in our lives. They come from him a gift to help us on this journey called life.
As I said when I was reading through them today I realized I needed to sit down and not pinpoint them in my own life but rather I needed to be reminded that GOD was all these things. I need to see where GOD IS LOVE, and JOY, that he is peaceful, and patient, full of kindness, and goodness, He's faithful to the core gentle, always in control.
Lately, I've been blaming God and getting mad and frustrated at God for not fixing the things in my life that feel a little broken right now. I'm frustrated that GOD Who can do anything won't do what I think I want most right now. And I'm forgetting to see God for who HE really is. I think He is suppose to fix everything and give me a good life. He has given me a GREAT LIFE... but that doesn't mean it's without it's problems, worries, financial strains, or other difficulties that I just don't see why they have to be in my life. I guess I've been focusing FAR too much on myself and not on WHO my God really is.... or why He exists. For HE IS ALL THOSE THINGS AND SO MUCH MORE.
No comments:
Post a Comment