It seems for about the Last Year the Lord has been leading me on this Journey of Truth and this is just part of what I'm learning and studying out and I wanted to share a piece of it all with you!
Jeremiah 31:33 talks about a new covenant...... "For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Isra'el after those days," says ADONAI: "I will put my Torah within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God, and they will be my people.
This New Covenant is Torah written not on scrolls but within us on our hearts through the Holy Spirit. So what I use to know about the old covenant law was mostly that there were alot of laws (613) and they were burdensome. At least that was my opinion and what I thought for so long but lately in my studies and in my walk I'm dicovering more truth about the Law and realizing that most of the things which were so burdensome so hard to follow were the things that Man (Pharisees and Sahanderines ) made and put on the law, regulations which God never said you have to do it this way rather Man said you must do this way (the Oral Law).
This verse is speaking about the Torah being presented and managed under a new covenant which is written on our hearts via the Ruach haKodesh (Holy Spirit),
Before I always thought of the new covenant as Jesus died for us did away with the old covenant the Law and gave us the New covenant "GRACE" However I no longer feel this is accurant. Jeremiah 31 says "Torah written on our hearts" means we are willing to follow YHWH's instruction and learn and obey Torah.
The truth I'm discovering is that Jesus never ever meant for us to believe we were to do away with the Law or that we no longer have to follow it, he makes this clear in
Matthew 5:17 "I tell you solemnly, till heaven and earth disappear, not one little stroke shall disappear from the Law until its purpose is achieved....
The Law is not BAD It's not burdensome... Jesus came to fulfill the Law and died for us and our sins so we could have the LAW (torah) living inside us through the Holy Spirit, which is what Ezekial speaks about
Ezekiel 11: 19-21 "And I shall give them one heart, and I will put a New Spirit in them And I shall take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh. So that they will walk in My laws, and guard my right rulings, and shall do them. And they shall be my people and I shall be their Elohim."
This is talking about the Holy Spirit A HEART OF FLESH!!! When we accept Jesus into our hearts we also accept the sweet gift of the Holy Sprit to teach us right from wrong to be our conscience and to guide us in the Will of the Father. We are under Grace yes Thank you YAHWEH FOR THAT because without it we could not have the Holy Spirit living inside us, we would not receive salvation, we would be destined for damnation! BUT even though we have received this priceless gift, we are still called to follow the Torah (the Law). Ezekial 11:20 says "so they will know my laws and walk in them."
I can remember going to church camp in 4th grade and this being one of the main verses they were teaching on. I remember praying that God would show me what type of heart I had? Throughout the week there was a little girl who was kinda wierd and geeky and I remember not really accepting her or being friendly towards her though I knew this was wrong. All week long as I was asking God to reveal what type of heart I had he kept showing me a rock.... After worship one night I remember being broken and apologizing to the geeky girl and then having the revelation that I now had a heart of flesh and that God was proud of me and I did what he wanted me to do.
A simple example yes but I believe it's still that simple today God has written out his Law he desires for us to obey it and when we do that He is pleased with us. When we ignore his teachings and ignore him our hearts are cold they're stone. I have always firmly believed that God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow that he never changes and if he does not change well what he said over 3000 years ago HE still wants us to do today.
Numbers 15: 13 "'Everyone who is native-born must do these things in this way when he brings an offering made by fire as an aroma pleasing to the LORD. 14 For the generations to come, whenever an alien or anyone else living among you presents an offering made by fire as an aroma pleasing to the LORD, he must do exactly as you do. 15 The community is to have the same rules for you and for the alien living among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the alien shall be the same before the LORD: 16 The same laws and regulations will apply both to you and to the alien living among you.'"
Also Exodus 31:13, Numbers 15:37 Deut 14:1-21
LASTING ORDINANCES.... Forever and ever for all generations. I realize there are many laws as I'm looking and studying through them which no longer apply to us we do not have to give a sin sacrifice any longer Jesus is our final sin sacrifice and we don't have a temple.... so many of the laws are no longer applicable to us.... But there are still so many that are. Our lives are suppose to be our offerings Romans 12:1-2 "Living Sacrifices" And I believe in my heart it is our duty to study out these laws and to fulfill them to the very best of our abilities. Yahweh wrote the law for our guidance and our protection many years ago, He is infinetly wise and I believe what was good then He also knew would still be good for us now.
I don't claim to know all the laws or how they apply to us today...... I just know that as I'm studying these things Yahweh continues to confirm in my heart that this is right and this is what He deisres. I Just want to clarify no it's not about works not all all. What it is about for me though is Loving my God and desiring to Follow His Ways to the very best of my ability. John 14:15 If you love me, you will keep My Commands;
So this is where I am right now in my studies.
No comments:
Post a Comment