The last few weeks I have been contiplating pursing my Master of Science in Nursing to become a Nurse Practitioner. Everyday I pray Lord are we sure about this confirm in my heart. I've never been one to love school and in fact when I graduated with my RN License I vowed to never take another Nursing Class again. (First Mistake! It seems the Lord always gets me on that never word)
I love being a nurse and I throughly enjoy my job in the ICU maybe not so much but the 3rd day but seriously who loves Friday afternoons!?!?!?
These are some of the things which keep coming up making me really want this MSN. I want to be a mom who gets to pick her kids up from school and drives them home. I want that time in the car with them. I want to be able to take off and leave my work right then if the daycare or school nurse calls and says my child is sick or the need me. I don't want to miss a recital or play or party because I can't find anyone to cover my shift for that day.
I want to be back in the community! I want to get outside the hospital setting and bedside nursing. I enjoy the bedside nursing now but I cannot see my body lasting for years of lifting and turning our very large patients.I just don't feel like I can do bedside Nursing for the rest of my carerr. This realization also came while I was striping the tubing of rectal tube.... (I realize anyone who is not a nurse probably just threw up in their mouth right then.) Sorry there probably should be a disclaimer on this blog.....
There is also the issues of timing right now Jeffrey is young enough that I can do schooling without me missing out on him or affecting his schedule. I'd like to do it before we have anymore children. And there is always the large issue of 2015 when the Board of Nursing is looking at changing the ruling on Nurse Practioners and the way they practice making it where they will need a doctorate to write prescriptions and see patients. So these are the things I am lookin at right now. It looks like I'll enroll for the Fall of 2011 Take a statistics course and it will probably take about 2 1/2 years to graduate. I'm a little nervous still very unsure I'm even smart enough for this task but I do feel this is the next step in Life the Lord has led me to so....... We shall See!
No comments:
Post a Comment