So We have lived in Waco for a year and half now coming up to almost 2 years pretty soon! And yet we still haven't found a church we can really feel comfortable calling our own. We've shopped around, we've stayed at a few places for some months, but never feels we end up finding something we don't agree with and saying let's move on to the next place.
After doing this same routine over and over again it begin to feel alot like Dating....
I remember now why I'm so grateful to be forever done with that stage in my life.
Dating was never really my forte I just didn't have much use for it. Too much work involved I guess.... But when I was in the stage of dating I received some godly advice I have forever cherished and share with others who are now or have been in that stage.
The advice given to me and since passed on to many others was come up with 5 NONNEGOTIABLE(s) 5 things which the man you're dating must have to continue on dating him. It was a great way to weed out those men in my life who would forever remain in the just friends category and those who could be potentially more. Saved me alot of heart ache and heart break.
So As I was dating around for churches I finally had the genius idea of doing the same thing with my future potential Church Home. What is it I need I want and desire in a church home? What are my nonnegotiables when it comes to finding a church home.
Things in which me and my family must have in a church to be happy fulfilled and to be able to grow.
After praying and seeking the word I came up with these.....
1) Must be fully completely centered on the WORD of GOD using no other books but believing that the BIBLE IS the infallible word of truth.
2)Must be centered on Loving God and Loving People
3) Be family focused, a place where Jeffrey can grow as well as Lance and I also. A place with Good Men and Women's Ministries.
4) A place where we can get involved and give back to the church as well. SERVE
and 5) I really wanted a place that had Sunday School I liked this growing up and I have been missing it the last two years as we've lived in Waco and most churches don't have this as much anymore.....
This Sunday I think we have found our new church home at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church meeting all 5 of my nonnegotiable. ;) And making us feel right at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment