So today I'm eating tomato soup and one thing pregnancy has failed to bring me is more grace. I somehow managed to fling my spoon in such a matter that it flung the soup from the tip of my boots all the way up to my top. Someone was watching out for me this morning when I switched from my white top to this lovely tomato color red one.
So I feel like my belly has doubled in size just since we found out that we were having a baby boy. This will definitely be a new experience for us all. I've never been around too many baby boys. ;) It's a challenge I'm looking forward to though. The thought of fixing a little girl's hair frightened me. Lance says him too! ;)
We also love the fact that this little boy gets to carry on the name of his grandfathers. Some of the most wonderful men I know. Jeffrey comes from my father in Law and Alan is my own Dad's middle name. TERRELL.... Well that name and the family behind that name has blessed my life in incredible ways as well!!! I look forward to raising a little boy and I pray that He will grow up to be a strong Man of the Lord.
So life has been a little challenging lately despite the GREAT NEWS of a baby we've also been dealing with other not so pleasant news. Lance's papa PAT FRIZZELL was diagnosed last week with stage 3B Lung Cancer. He's made the decision to fight it the best he can with chemo and radiation. He's a strong man and has the best attitude and a strong family supporting him as well.
Lance is also still searching for a job. He's applied all over and to every kind of company imaginable it just appears that although there are job openings no one is actively hiring. He isn't receiving any call backs. He is attending school two nights a week. And will begin substitute teaching. He's just so ready to find that Job that the Lord has for him. I keep telling him God has a plan and a purpose in all of this. But you can imagine how discouraged he is.
Work at Providence is going well. I like the switch to ICU and feel I'm learning alot. I'm constantly learning and relearning new skills we do so much more in the unit then I ever did on the floor. I still dearly miss oncology and know that my heart remains there and would love to return someday but I'm really loving my time here and now. I've met alot of great people up there and really enjoy working alongside them.
I guess that's really all I have for now. ;) I sure do miss West Texas but as long as I'm still in Texas I guess I'm A okay!! Central Texas is growing on me a little day by day and We've been having great weather thanks to all the hurricanes down on the coast. (That sounds bad...)
2 comments:
Keri! YOU ARE SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o)
That video is crazy. Thank you for sharing! How amazing technology is these days huh?
gah. I miss you, and want you to know, that I think you truly are going to be an incredible mommy. Seriously. Ever since I met you three years ago, as a completely broken person walking around, you have a heart that is so big to love people. Seriously. :o) You have this "mommy-ness" about you, just... super loving and nurturing. :o) I've always always loved and looked up to you and respected you so much. I think you're incredible. Seriously.
Can't wait to watch your family grow in this blog world. Really. :o)
I love you lots.
Oh My Goodness! Look at your baby pump! CrAzY! When are you coming home so I can see you and that beautiful boy growing inside of you! Wow! I am so excited for y'all. I will be praying for Lance and his grandpa (and I pray everyday for you and Baby T). Love You!
Post a Comment