So what is it about moving that everyone I talk to states that they hated the first year of wherever it was they moved??
It seems like no one enjoys that initial first year of a being in a new place. Isn't a move suppose to be exciting and fun!?! So why is it I keep longing to be back in West Texas? I miss the people, I miss my family, and being close, and the great friends I made back there.
I can remember my first year in Canyon, as a freshman in college, and feeling this same way. Missing Wheeler, now come on, everyone knows that Canyon/Amarillo has to be better than population of 1300 Wheeler. (SORRY WHEELERITES but it's TRUE) But it is not until you get to know people from that town and really start making connections that you're able to really enjoy the city and not compare it to what you had. Same thing here and now with Waco. Now I am constantly comparing Amarillo to Waco.
A Wise Man whom I married... ;) told me it isn't fair to compare towns Because we always think what we have or had is worth more than what it really is. So no matter how great this new town might be we miss out on it's good features because we are comparing it to what we had and loved.
It's like when I had my wreck and insurance was willing to offer me $6,000 for my car to me this was an insult because I loved my green little Ford Escape it was worth so much more to me than that, at least 10,000 I thought... But in reality it was totaled, ruined, never to be driven again only to be used for scrape metal, truth be told $6,000 was more than generous!
I am so resistant to change. I think we all are at first. I think oh yeah I love change moving on to bigger and better experiences and then when I get into the change I'm ready to run back "home." Back to my comfort zone. I know that I am missing out on some really wonderful opportunities that exist here and now in Waco because I am so focused on what I had and not what I have now.... So I'm going to try to stop comparing and just start living. Not looking backwards but looking forward! And we'll see where the future takes us. (Who knows maybe it'll be back to West Texas someday) but for now I must learn to love Central Texas and the people who are here!!
ON AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT NOTE....
YEAH FOR THE OFFICE WEDDING TONIGHT!!! AN HOUR LONG EPISODE I'm TOTALLY STOKED ABOUT!
No comments:
Post a Comment