background

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Sick Day

SO I love my job. At least on most days, but there are those days which just take it all out of you. For the past three days in a row I have been taking care of a pt who is twice my size. When the patient is completely immobile you have to do everything for them including turning them off their back every 2 hours. This takes some serious muscle... Which makes for a very sore back and shoulders... mix that in with a pregnant sore back.... Tyllenol just won't cut that kind of pain. So that is why today I needed a "sick Day" so I called in this morning.
But why do I feel such Guilt with doing this? I guess it's because I know that someone else will have to take my place and fill the void. But they get paid so it should be okay. Maybe it's because I am on the schedule so I feel like I am letting people down. I hate letting people down. Or I just feel like I am slacking off. But Mom always said, "Listen to your body and take care of it." Today my body said do not move out of this bed.
So I'm on the couch with heating pad to the back, watching the today show eating a cinnamon roll. Maybe the guilt will pass soon.....

1 comment:

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Yeah for Sick Days! I'm glad you're gonna be home for a few days! Hope we can get together!