background

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lessons learned in Waco



So This is going to be a great 2010!!! Lance got a job, A GREAT JOB, at Region 12 as an accountant. It was a long time coming 6 months, but lance and I both learned so much about ourselves and each other through that time. We are incredibly grateful for this job and have a much deeper sense of gratitude towards the Lord for providing our every need and for our very good jobs.

Things we feel we have learned just since moving to Waco.

I feel the theme for this move has simply been, "TRUST ME" Over and Over again I feel that's what the Lord has been whispering in my ear reminding me constantly and saying again and again, Just Trust me.

I can't say it's been easy but I can say I am so blessed because of it. Upon moving down to Waco there's no way we could have ever know all the joys and the struggles we would encounter. Upon arrival we found out we moved 6 hours away from family support to realize we were pregnant. Then we decide after careful prayer and consideration that the reason we thought we were moving here for Lance to go to seminary but in fact not going to happen. So Lance begins his job search with no avail, but certainly not due to a lack of effort. He would spend hours upon the computer filling out application after application. It was so discouraging never hearing back from anyone. I know this sent him into a mild depression. It was hard on him watching me go to work, and knowing we had a baby on the way but also feeling helpless in that he could not work.

It was hard seeing him so down and yet knowing there wasn't anything I could do for him or anyway I could help him. I didn't mind caring the weight of our finances because I knew he was doing everything he could to try and get a job and I also knew that it wouldn't last forever.

I think through this struggle our marriage was strengthened. Lance was the most vulnerable he has ever been with me, and he saw through me that my love was not conditional on what state he was in. That I loved him no matter what and nothing would ever change that.

Coming home from thanksgiving we began seeing ourselves as our own family unit. That although it is difficult to break away from family, and we would love to live closer to them; this move was truly the best thing for our marriage. We have learned to depend solely on one another and go to each other first.

And now that Lance has a good job here Waco doesn't seem nearly as bad of a place as it once did earlier. In fact I think we're starting to like it here.

2 comments:

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

I'm glad everything has worked out. God is so good even when we don't understand His timing sometimes. Hope you are feeling great! Love You!

Clint Marion said...

Keri and Lance - I am excited to hear how God has worked in your life and marriage. I can relate totally to the struggles you have endured. God always shows his power and majesty when we allow Him room to work and depend on Him. God has proven himself faithful time and again the last four years of our life with having the triplets while in school and working part time and even the last 6 months as I have searched for a job. All I can say is Jehovah-Jireh, my Lord and provider. This is the name God revealed to Abraham when he provided Isaac. What is amazing is God provided His promise when it was beyond human ability to conceive a child. Just like in our lives, when it is beyond our abilites God provides. Why? So He gets the honor and glory. May God continue to bless you for His Glory. - Clint