So Lance and I have been preparing for it. Signed up weeks ago, but last minute Lance had to go home to West Texas for a bit of an emergency family situation. Huge disappointment I do confess and a real bummer for me but I understood and I encouraged him to go home.
So this leaves me the only single in the class. Can I just give my mother praise right here, for many many things indeed especially after seeing some graphic views of birth but mainly for instilling in her children a boldness and confidence that allows me to go to a birthing class without my husband and be okay with it. She's taught me great patience as well and I'm so blessed by that.
So today from 1-5:30 I go through the class, remembering my great pain of going through these things twice in college, longingly wishing my husband was there so I had someone to share my jokes with... and just altogether missing him terribly bad and wishing we were able to share those moments together.
Throughout the day my heart was burdened and heavy for Lance knowing that what he was going through back home was much more difficult and hard, than anything I was dealing with loneliness included. And so all day today I have been interceding and praying for my husband. I wasn't expecting him to be back anytime before Monday though longingly i kept hoping he would.
At 8:00 tonight he called to tell me he was coming home and would be back in time to make Day 2 of our birthing classes. I cannot even express how much this means to me. He is my soul mate, my help mate, lover, companion, and my best friend. I am so greatly blessed.
1 comment:
You 2 are just precious!! I love this story.
Post a Comment