Romans 8:19-23
19)"The Creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. 20) For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by it's own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope 21) that the creation itself will be liberated from it's bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. 22) We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23) Not only so, but we ourselves who have the first fruits of the Spirit groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption ass sons, the redemption of our bodies."
As I sit here timing my contractions, I think of this verse and of the universe and what it means to me. I'm listening to the rain come down outside, the chilly breeze, the trees, rocks, river and all of creation. I think of what it must have been like before the fall, back in Eden. The Glory that creation got to experience, a perfect, peaceful world Full of the LORD.
I cannot imagine what Heaven is like even on my best days there's just nothing in this life to compare it to. But let's just pretend that we could perhaps get a grasp of how infinitely wonderful HEAVEN is, Let's say we got to go experience it. Can you imagine being torn away from there..... for nothing you did but instead thrown back into a place, a world without the Lord's glory. A place full of frustration, heart ache and pain. For thousands of years now the earth, the trees, the rocks, have been moaning as in labor of childbirth. They've been hurting longing desperately to get back to that place of perfect peace.
My labor pains are only minor (at this time) and fortunately in between I have moments of rest and relaxation places where the pain cease..... I don't know if the trees or any of creation has rest. Maybe during Spring? Maybe as they start growing new leaves and budding out, they too are reminded of a future hope and glory.
I have a great hope of what is to come. I will soon be united with a little baby boy, who is all mine (Lance's too ;-)) , and whom I have been carrying for 9 months growing terribly attached to, and I know my son will bring me so much joy.
We eagerly await for something BETTER MUCH MUCH BETTER. Our spirits have experienced God in a pure and perfect way and they also long for the day when we get to reconnect, and be redeemed to our Glorious Creator! I haven't gone through the whole child birthing process I am only in the very beginning stages but I know that all the pain I experience during birth will not even compare to the exceeding joy that I will experience when I'm united with my son. And the same is true for my maker. I Long for the day when I get to experience the Joy of being united with my creator, redeemed, made new.
No comments:
Post a Comment