So I heard a sermon only briefly yesterday while I was in one of my patient's rooms.
The preacher on TV was talking about Jesus' life on Earth. Jesus was a carpenter for 30 years and then his ministry, where he really went out and preached only lasted for 3 years. Soooo 89% of Jesus' life he was just doing what we would all say is ordinary living. Carpentry being a son, and brother. I look at this and think how often I try to pass up my life as insignificant because I'm not doing something extraordinary. I'm not in a 3rd world country providing care for orphans or the homeless, I'm definitely no Mother Teresa or Beth Moore. But I look at Jesus' humble beginnings and I recall scripture in 1 Corinthians saying that
"God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world, and the despised things, and the things that are not to nullify the things that are. So that no one may boast before him."
30 years as a carpenter seems like a long time before you really dive in and start ministry especially if you're sent to SAVE THE WORLD. But it's those small beginnings which shape us into the human beings the adults we were made to be. So wherever you are right now in life don't ever think that it has no meaning or that you are insignificant. God is using this time, these trials, all the small stuff to make you who you are and to prepare you for Life to come.
What a good life!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment