background

Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Passion for Missions

I went into nursing with the vision of living in a 3rd world country. Thinking of Africa and serving overseas is what helped me survive nursing school. In so many ways I'm discouraged that we're not out in the "mission field" you know 3rd world country style that is. It is kinda what I envisioned my life's work to be. This morning during the Worship they played a song by David Crowder which has the Lyrics are as follow:

Take my heart, I Lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I'm letting go
I lift it up to You who's throned

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord

Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I'm leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
You're my delights, be my everything

And It's just you and me here now
Only you and me here now"

So after we got back from our Mission trip in 2006 from Africa my friend put this song with a slideshow and hearing it today brought up those memories and it broke me.
I had such vision and such incredible PASSION for ministry for AFRICA.
But through this past year God has really spoken to my heart to be content here in Waco. He's settled us down into a beautiful home something I never would have dreamed in my life I'd be living in. (a shack in Africa seemed more fitting for me.... so i thought) And He has taught me how not only to be content in my current job situation but is en stilling passion into me for this type of ministry. I'm learning my passion for Africa was misplaced. My passion first and foremost MUST Always be FOR JESUS CHRIST. There is no other worthy. And then secondly for the two fantastic men in my life my husband and son and then to my work which is so needy and hungry for the Lord. If only I could change the passion I feel towards Africa and apply that to my work. This is my prayer and my desire and I believe that everyday the Lord is transforming me. And changing my passions first for him then for his people.
My Desire truly is to just simply live passionately for him.

1 comment:

High Heels and Huntin' Boots said...

Great post, Ker. I don't think you have to change your passion for Africa completely. I think He put that fire in your heart for a reason. But, timing is everything. Sounds like you're growing a lot! Have a great week!

Love You!